Sunday, April 15, 2012

pastel mushrooms



MUSHROOMS RUSSIA AND HISTORY
 
BY
 
VALENTINA PAVLOVNA WASSON AND R.GORDON WASSON
 
VOLUME I 
 
PANTHEON BOOKS • NEW YORK 


Today is an interesting day.  Firstly, I realized getting up at five thirty AM is the most amazing, most special time of day.  The birds are hardly awake let alone the people.   I plan to do this the rest of my days, early to rise, early to bed.  If you are wondering if it is 'better' for you, maybe check out this movie 'The City Dark'  Mushrooms are dark and goth, and so too should be cities!!  (But they aren't and it causes an array of problems).  Damn, I hate when I sound like an environmental guilt lecturer.  SOrry?  No, the morning time is supple and light.  LEARN TO LOVE IT!  Anyway, I meant to say, check out this book about RUSSIAN MUSHROOM LOVE !!  It makes me want to dig through Russian folk stories, it says things like:

 "The prolific American writer Percival Wilde in his Tinsley's Bones, published in 1942, introduces as a witness a knowledgeable female mycologist who seems to be addicted to mushrooms of the genus panaeo-lus as a substitute for cocktails, the author and his character displaying therebyan astonishing command of mushroomic esoterica; but mushrooms in this yarnwere not the agent used for the murder."

 I am intrigued by this, a female mycologist in the forties !  Yet she is addicted to a certain mushroom?  huh?   This information and more can all be found in  "Mushrooms Russia History"




  I have been working on 'stream of conciousness' poetry.  I find it to be most fascinating to practice on the type writer, because I'm more concerned with how the words look on the paper than the words themselves.

The creativity and detail that went into botanical art back in the day was unprecedented.
This last image, is also from the Wasson Book, he is basically the man when it comes to Mushrooms and Anthropology.