Monday, May 7, 2012

hills near lakes





Dear Diary, I went out ‘moreling’ the morning of May 3rd, 2012 near Kalamazoo, Michigan.  This year I have noticed morels frequenting hills near lakes.  Out onto some secluded forested property near an old crab apple stand, I hunted for about an hour.  Eleven morels surfaced into my gaze.  These are photos of the first nine I found.
Then I had to leave MOREL TREE FOREST LAND for the daunting city of CHICAGO.  Got lost on the south side of Chicago with some hudlems that were to cool for school. 


Monkey-face bugs and salmon colored grasshoppers in the Field Museum display cases.
Leaving the pristine dark forest for the bright lights of Chicago, I only saw traces of fungi (fake fungi) in the Field Museum's Underground Adventure.  Man, I heavily checked out that shizzie. Always chillin loner-museum style.  Always chillin loner-garden style too, I became friends with this bird in this fancy garden by Millenium Park.  Birds are Raptures, and they are super chill in cities, although I heard they have problems crashing into windows, like super clean windows.  My mom has super big clean windows in Utah and once I saw a quail crash into it over breakfast.  My step sister tried to CPR it, no luck.  Still haunts me.  Anyway, I highly suggest trotting to museums alone, at least try it. It's cool to tell your family you have to leave them to go to a science exhibit alone.
Bell bottom Doctor suess pants from my sister's fashion show.  Her stuff was amazing (but is not posted here), all the models looked like starved mini-mouses, and not because they were skinny.  I didn't wanna photograph her stuff so that I could fully absorb it. This last photo is from a tiny tunnel we drove thru on the south side of Chicago. 

As Always
More Mushrooms soon.
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment